(Associate) Director – Communications Infrastructure (36-40 hours a week)
As (Associate) Director you will be instrumental in further expanding the fast growing digital infrastructure activities of PGGM, fully supported by our largest client PFZW (Pension fund for the Health Care Sector). You will be part of a professional dedicated sector team in executing the sector plan consisting of origination, acquisition and asset management activities. You will report to the Head of Communications Infrastructure.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- safeguard and control the development of portfolio companies including board observer roles, and
- developing new business opportunities and relationships, and
- leading new acquisition processes (including deal team responsibility).
The workload consists of both active asset management to create long term value, and origination by selective acquisitions.
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees with more than EUR 250 billion assets under management.
PGGM’s Infrastructure team falls within our Private Markets division. Investing in infrastructure is strongly aligned with the long term investment strategy of PGGM and its clients. The Infrastructure team has a global mandate to invest in equity of infrastructure companies across 4 different sectors including (i) energy & utilities, (ii) transportation, (iii) communications infrastructure and (iv) PPP & social infrastructure. The team currently consist of 40 professionals and is located in Zeist, The Netherlands.
The team is manager of the PGGM Infrastructure Fund, a ~ EUR 10 bln globally diversified, open ended infrastructure fund. The fund is expected to grow substantially over the coming years. Check Infrastructure at PGGM | PGGM to learn more about our portfolio.
PGGM has invested ca. EUR 1.5 billion in the equity of communications infrastructure and is actively looking to expand the portfolio with investments in towers, fiber networks and datacenters.
You demonstrate a passion for the communications infrastructure sector with the ambition to further develop into this role.. We are looking for a new colleague with the following profile:
- Experience: approx. 10 years of relevant (M&A) experience in (communications) infrastructure (fiber, datacenters, towers). Proven experience in a similar role in a telecom firm, investment firm or investment banking is essential. Experience with corporate governance and exposure to boards is preferred.
- Analysis: you demonstrate deep analytical understanding of communications infrastructure business models, including financial analysis and financial modeling.
- Leadership: you are a strong team player, with experience in leading transaction teams, liaising with internal and external counterparties to implement mutually acceptable results
- Education: An advanced degree (at least Master's, MBA, or equivalent) in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering and/or other relevant fields.
- Language Skills: fluency in English. We are only able to consider individuals with a valid work permit/visa for The Netherlands.
A professional and dynamic working environment providing plenty of opportunities to hone your skills and to foster independent and innovative thinking. Our culture is one of collaboration and support with the goal of working together to deliver excellent services to our clients. We have an active learning and development program to ensure the continuous development of our team members. We offer assistance with relocation and a relocation allowance.
(Associate) Director Communications Infrastructure: your new job at PGGM? As (Associate) Director, do you want to help us further expanding our fast growing digital infrastructure activities? If so, send us your application and choose a job with impact.
Any questions or want to know more? Contact recruiter Irma Bousardt, tel +31630339754 (preferably send a WhatsApp message first) or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply by pushing the blue application bar and fill in the application form.
An assessment may be part of the selection process. Pre-employment screening and references check are an integral part of the selection procedure.
PGGM and Coronavirus
Due to COVID-19, most PGGM staff largely work from home. Introductions and interviews are done by video calls in Microsoft Teams. A final interview will take place at the office. Much of your onboarding will be done remotely, but we will do our utmost to give you a warm welcome to PGGM.
We do not appreciate and will not consider unsolicited approaches for recruitment & selection or CVs.
Heeft u een vraag?
Vacature delen of printen
Bij PGGM werven we zelf nieuwe collega’s. Acquisitie stellen we dan ook niet op prijs.