Associate Director - Credit Risk Sharing
The Associate Director role in the CILI team is a very interesting position to actively contribute to the management of the Credit Risk Sharing (CRS) portfolio and grow into a senior position in the team in due course. You will working in a midsized international team of experienced investment specialists. Your role will be to work as a deal team member on new transactions and have monitoring responsibilities for existing investments. You will be guided by the experienced investment professionals and continue to develop yourself on the job.
Your job consists of:
- deal due diligence, structuring and negotiation activities, mostly with parties outside of The Netherlands.
- monitoring a selection of existing investments.
- contribute to the management and growth of the CRS portfolio.
- maintain and develop relationships in the market.
From day one you will be actively involved with the Credit Risk Sharing mandate. In future, there could be a possibility to get involved with the Insurance Linked Investment mandate as well. From day one, you will receive responsibilities for monitoring existing investments and play an active role in deal teams for potential new transactions. As you gain more knowledge and experience, your responsibilities will expand. In this role you work closely with different departments within PGGM, such as Risk and Strategy.
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees. With € 252 billion under management, PGGM is one of the biggest and most sustainable investors globally.
PGGM is one of the leading global investors in Credit Risk Sharing and Insurance Linked Investments. The CILI team is responsible for around € 11 billion across the two unique mandates.
One mandate is the Insurance Linked Investments mandate which invests in exposures to natural catastrophe risk, sourced by experts we partner up with. The other mandate is Credit Risk Sharing, for which the team structures credit risk sharing transactions directly with banks. We invest worldwide and as a team we look to work together on multiple fronts for both mandates.
The Credit Risk Sharing mandate is to a large extend about understanding credit risk. The Insurance Linked Investments mandate invests in natural catastrophe risks. Having experience with assessing and investing in credit risk is essential. You will need to understand the structural aspects of investing in first loss tranches and be familiar with the legal documentation of such investments as well. Most importantly, you are very curious by nature, eager to learn, precise and good with numbers. You communicate with ease and have good negotiations skills.
The ideal candidate:
- has a master degree, for example in Economic, Econometrics or Corporate Finance and in addition CFA
- has strong analytical skills and is a fast learner
- is eager to understand the underlying reasons
- is precise and has attention for details
- is an open personality and strong communicator
- can write and speak English fluently
- the possibility to work in an ambitious and very experienced team, with many different nationalities
- A steep learning curve, and the possibility to develop yourself, including becoming a CFA charter holder
- the possibility to learn about unique investments that are not commonly seen across asset managers
- an international focus and intellectual challenge
- a professional working environment with many opportunities to develop yourself on many fronts
More information? Contact Inez Crolla, Campus Recruiter (+316 83240801 - firstname.lastname@example.org).
Heeft u een vraag?
Vacature delen of printen
Bij PGGM werven we zelf nieuwe collega’s. Acquisitie stellen we dan ook niet op prijs.