Associate Investment Manager Infrastructure – Sector team Energy & Utilities
As an Associate in our team you play an important role in both the investment and asset management
process of our global infrastructure portfolio. Your key responsibilities will be to contribute to:
- Financial analysis of investment opportunities and portfolio companies, including building and maintaining financial models for the purposes of scenario analyses and valuation;
- Conducting due diligence on new investment opportunities and translate findings into the investment case;
- Preparation and presentation of proposals to the Investment Committee;
- Asset management, including evaluating portfolio companies’ business plan and performance, reviewing board materials, preparation of valuations and internal and external reporting;
- Identification of new investment opportunities and segments through research and analysis.
PGGM Infrastructure is a top tier institutional direct investor. It has a mandate to invest in the equity of infrastructure companies, focused on Europe and North America. The team manages a EUR 11 billion globally diversified, open ended infrastructure fund, which is expected to grow considerably over the coming years. The team currently consists of 37 professionals and is located in the wider Utrecht region, The Netherlands. On the investments side, the team is organized in four sector teams: Energy & Utilities, Transportation, Communication and Social & PPP. Identifying opportunities early in order to proactively position the fund for successful acquisition and creating sustainable value for all stakeholders long term through active asset management are at the core of the investment philosophy. The team is diverse, internationally oriented and offers the opportunity, if interested, to travel globally to visit the investments. For more information about the Infrastructure team, check our website!
The E&U sector team covers, amongst others, (regulated) transmission, distribution and storage of electricity, water and gas, district energy, and renewable power generation. Central to the sector investment strategy is making an impact on energy transition and sustainable water supply. Increasingly, the investment focus incorporates upcoming industries that will help shape the energy and water landscape of the future. Currently the E&U portfolio consists of 15 investments totaling approximately EUR 5 billion managed by a team of 10 investment professionals. The ambition is to expand the portfolio and the team in line with the overall expansion of the Infrastructure portfolio.
You have a passion for investing sustainably, combined with ambition, drive and a personal growth oriented mindset. We are looking for a new colleague with the following profile:
Qualifications & Skills
- Approximately 2-5 years of relevant professional experience job in investment banking / M&A, infrastructure-related advisory services or equity research;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as finance, economics, econometrics or engineering or having completed a graduate training programme;
- Strong business analytical and financial modelling skills;
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English, both verbal and in writing;
- Investor mind-set: curious, critical, independent thinking;
- Accountability: takes ownership and delivers results, attention to quality and detail;
- Entrepreneurial: creative, action-oriented, intuitively explores ideas without knowing all the facts, eager to learn
- Goes the extra mile;
- Respectful team player: open and honest, asks and provides feedback, acts with integrity.
PGGM Investments continuously invests in its people to build teams of talented and experienced professionals to deliver on its vital responsibility towards the pensions of 4 million Dutch citizens. PGGM Investments is a modern organization with a flexible, agile and flat organizational structure. PGGM Investments understands that a healthy work-life balance, employee wellbeing and emphasis on personal development are key distinctive features in attracting the next generation of high-caliber investment professionals. PGGM Investments offers competitive primary and secondary benefits packages, combined with robust terms of employment.
Joining PGGM Infrastructure as an Associate means:
- A competitive compensation package consisting of fixed pay (including year-end and holiday allowance) and a performance based payment;
- A challenging job with high exposure to all aspects of transactions and managing portfolio companies unparalleled for the role
- A vibrant, fast paced working environment with more than 38 diverse and highly driven colleagues
- A very flexible working environment, with optionality to work from home multiple days per week and potential to work abroad for certain periods of time;
- Company mobile phone, laptop and all associated facilities to be able to work flexibly;
- A generous training budget for internal and external training courses to accelerate your development
- 29 vacation days, based on a 40-hour working week;
For more information, contact Tijmen Muller (Recruiter) on email@example.com
To comply with GDPR regulations, we do not handle applications via e-mail and kindly ask you to apply through our website.
We know that there are many parties who wish to search with us or who are keen to offer their services for this vacancy, but at PGGM we recruit new colleagues ourselves. We therefore do not appreciate and will not consider unsolicited approaches for recruitment & selection or CVs.
Heeft u een vraag?
Vacature delen of printen
Bij PGGM werven we zelf nieuwe collega’s. Acquisitie stellen we dan ook niet op prijs.