Associate Private Equity
As an associate, you will be an integral part of the Private Equity team and have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
Your main responsibilities include:
· Investment analysis: Support the team in performing due diligence on new investments (fund, co- and secondary investments), including financial modeling, review of the process and investment documentation, performance analysis, benchmark analysis, and preparation of investment proposals;
· Due diligence: Participate in and lead (part of) due diligence sessions with top-tier private equity fund managers and other stakeholders, regularly abroad;
· Relationship building and market analysis: Assist the team in finding suitable investments, this involves analysis of the private equity fund universe, specific investment themes and sourcing potential investments through relationship building;
· Coaching and mentoring: Assist with the development of analysts and trainees; and
· Monitoring: proactive role in portfolio monitoring of the existing portfolio in regular internal reports and meetings.
PGGM Private Equity is a leading global private equity investor which invests c. €3bn annually and has c. €20 billion of assets under management. It has a mandate to invest globally in private equity funds, co-investments and secondaries. The team invests in funds of top-tier private equity managers and co-invests with these fund managers directly in buyouts, with a well-diversified portfolio mainly across North America and Europe. The team consists of 20+ FTEs with backgrounds in private equity, investment banking and consulting. The team is highly diverse, young, ambitious, international and will continue to grow over the next years. It has an emphasis on responsible investments, transparency, governance and costs.
The Private Equity team is based in PGGM’s office in Zeist, The Netherlands.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
· An academic degree (MSc or equivalent) with excellent grades, preferably in Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, Finance, Business or Mathematics;
· 2-5 years of working experience, preferably in PE/VC, investment banking or consulting, with a strong interest in PE;
· International mindset and experience, i.e. through internships or studying abroad;
· Distinctive academic results combined with extra-curricular successes;
· Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
· Solid work ethic and motivation level;
· Strong team player with a drive to continuously develop and learn; and
· Fluency in English both verbally and in writing is prerequisite.
PGGM Investments continues to build teams of talented and experienced professionals to act on its vital responsibility to manage the investments on behalf of pension funds and strive to achieve it with excellence, integrity and performance. In your role you ultimately contribute to the pension schemes of 2.9 million Dutch beneficiaries. PGGM Investments is a modern and cooperative organization with an “open and honest” corporate culture, having a flexible, agile and flat organizational structure. PGGM Investments understands that a healthy work-life balance, employee wellbeing and emphasis on personal development are key distinctive features in attracting the next generation of high-caliber investment professionals. PGGM Investments offers competitive primary and secondary benefits packages, combined with robust terms of employment.
· A competitive compensation package including salary, entitlement to a performance bonus and a fixed year-end bonus of 7.5%;
· 8% holiday allowance;
· 29 vacation days, based on a 40-hour working week;
· A monthly mobility allowance based on commuting distance;
· A generous training budget for internal and external training courses;
· A good pension scheme as participant of PFZW pension fund;
· Company mobile phone and all associated facilities to be able to work flexibly and at any location.
Do you want to make impact as a Private Equity Associate and develop yourself into an all-round PE professional? Then apply to join this young and ambitious team with a global mandate. If you have any questions, please contact Tijmen Muller via email@example.com.
We have incorporated a case study as part of our hiring process for this role.
We know that there are many parties who wish to search with us or who are keen to offer their services for this vacancy, but at PGGM we recruit new colleagues ourselves. We therefore do not appreciate and will not consider unsolicited approaches for recruitment & selection or CVs.
Heeft u een vraag?
Vacature delen of printen
Bij PGGM werven we zelf nieuwe collega’s. Acquisitie stellen we dan ook niet op prijs.