Senior Valuation Officer – Direct Private Equity (Infrastructure) Investments
The Senior Valuation Officer is a key member of the PGGM Valuation Team. The Valuation Team plays an important role in ensuring that all PGGM assets, circa EUR 240 billion, are independently and fairly valued. PGGM has recently decided to strengthen the Valuation Team’s capabilities for the valuation of direct private equity investments. As Senior Valuation Officer your main task will be the periodical valuation of PGGM’s direct equity investments, mainly in infrastructure.
- To reach your conclusions on fair value, you will work with advisors, such as Big4s, directing their work, and reviewing it in depth. You are expected to “own the valuations” assigned to you, not to simply run a process.
- In your daily interactions with the PGGM investment managers and risk analysis managers, you will show independence and maturity, and support your professional judgements with clear analyses.
- Within the team, you will play an expert role in executing the periodical valuations. You will coach and coordinate junior colleagues.
- Transparence, and proper documentation of the valuation process are key. You will make sure, together with the other valuation officers, that the process is run accordingly and that evidence is available for third parties such as auditor or clients.
- You will be joining the Valuation Team at an early stage of its development. You will participate in designing and improving processes and workflows, models (generally Excel-based) and reporting templates. To this end, you will work closely with the Lead Valuation Officer, who coordinates the team.
- Within your area of expertise, you will also advise and support the Lead Valuation Officer in preparing valuation policies and procedures, in performing ad hoc analyses, and in communicating with internal stakeholders, including top management and the PGGM Valuation Committee, and external stakeholders.
To ensure its independence from the PGGM investment managers, the Valuation Team has been placed within the Operations department. The team is lead by the Lead Valuation Officers, and it reports, as staff, to the Manager Administration. The Valuation Team currently consists of 3 FTE, and it will grow to 6 FTE.
You are an experienced equity valuation professional, with years of experience in managing valuation projects, and in coordinating and coaching junior colleagues. You have a hands-on attitude, and are willing to learn.
Your skills and qualifications include:
- MSc in finance, economics, econometrics or similar; valuation certificates such as CAIA or CFA are not essential
- Excellent knowledge of equity / business valuation:
- At least 7 years of experience in performing valuations of individual businesses or projects of which at least 2 years working with limited guidance, and coordinating junior colleagues;
- Typical background: Valuation team in a Big4 or comparable environment, but candidates with the right skill set and another background will be considered
- Previous experience in infrastructure is not essential, but the candidate should show a solid understanding of any businesses he/she has experience with.
- Excellent modelling skills: Highly skilled in conceptual model design, both DCF and underlying forecast models; Real mastery of Excel is required; Hands-on in reviewing the complex models prepared and managed by the investment managers and advisors
- Capable of transferring skills and experience to junior colleagues
- Capable of maintaining an independent point of view and conducting fact based discussions with different stakeholders, and of formulating clear, structured, and motivated recommendations
- Comfortable joining a team without established work practices and redefining its role in the organization
- Willing to invest in own learning
- Professional English is required; Dutch is desirable
A professional, decisive and inspiring working environment with plenty of opportunities to develop your skills. Collaboration, sharing knowledge and independence are of paramount importance to us. This is well reflected in our culture and hybrid way of working. Our modern and robust package of employment conditions ensures good pay and opportunities to combine work and private life in a way that suits you. We value an open and honest corporate culture, offer you work that matters and are committed to operate with respect for people and the environment.
Senior Valuation Officer : your new job at PGGM?
Senior Valuation Officer , do you want to make positive impact on PGGM. ? If so, send us your application and choose a job with impact.
Any questions or want to know more? Contact recruiter Ed RInkel, tel +31 629 55 55 59 (preferably send a WhatsApp message first) or email : email@example.com. You can apply by pushing the blue application bar and fill in the application form. An assessment may be part of the selection process. Pre-employment screening and references check are an integral part of the selection procedure.
PGGM and Coronavirus
Due to COVID-19, most PGGM staff largely work from home. Introductions and interviews are done by video calls in Microsoft Teams. A final interview will take place at the office. Much of your onboarding will be done remotely, but we will do our utmost to give you a warm welcome to PGGM.
We know that there are many parties who wish to search with us or who are keen to offer their services for this vacancy, but at PGGM we recruit new colleagues ourselves. We therefore do not appreciate and will not consider unsolicited approaches for recruitment & selection or CVs.
Heeft u een vraag?
Vacature delen of printen
Bij PGGM werven we zelf nieuwe collega’s. Acquisitie stellen we dan ook niet op prijs.